The Internet is increasing its grasp over society steadily as more people are getting online every day. With 3.5 billion people, almost half of the world population is online today, and therefore it becomes an utmost necessity to cater to the needs of people through digital modes. This in turn has proliferated the number of websites, which currently stands at somewhere around 1.58 billion.
Trends like this have increased the interest of graduate students in web development, from not just computer science background but others also. Students now continuously look for options like a web development course in Bangalore, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata and other cities. Though there are various online providers for such courses, it also becomes important to take care of your future career prospects from an initial stage.
Keeping this in mind, we have brought some of the most favourite questions of recruiters in web development interviews. Go through these and make sure you improve your proficiency in them.
Table of Contents
Q1. How can you reduce the website’s loading time?
A1. 53% users leave the website within 3 seconds, if it does not load. Hence, it becomes highly essential to take care of this. Some of the best answers to respond are:
- Removing unnecessary widgets
- Compressing image size
- Avoiding multiple redirects
Candidates give answers like “Choosing a better hosting service”. However, you are expected to show how your skills can be incorporated to do that.
Q2. What are the advantages of HTTP 2.0 over HTTP 1.1?
A2. HTTP 1.1 uses textual protocols while HTTP 2.0 uses binary protocols. Some of the advantages of HTTP 2.0 over HTTP 1.1 are:
- Less Bandwidth Consumption
- Higher Efficiency
- Lower Error Rate
- Better adaptability to elements like white space and ending of line.
HTTP 2.0 also helps in improving the load time of a website. It further proactively pushes alerts into the cache of the client.
Q3. What is the use of Namespace in Web Development?
A3. This is 1 question which has been repeatedly asked many times. In simple words, a namespace is a global object which can hold other multiple kinds of objects, variables and methods within it. It is an alternative which has been introduced so that web developers do not have to declare global variables again and again.
Q4. In HTML5, the media content is supported by which key form elements?
A4. Form elements are containers in HTML which allow you to display different kinds of inputs on the frontend. This can include radio buttons, text boxes, checkboxes, etc. In HTML5, there are 5 key new form elements which have been introduced to support the media content. These are:
Q5. What is the use of Canvas and why has it been included in HTML?
Q6. What do you think are the key responsibilities of a web developer?
A6. A smart interviewer would ask this question to know how much you know about the job role, but more than that, the objective is to figure out to what extent you are ready to go. By mentioning the job roles, you are indicating that you are ready to do all these tasks. So answer this question very carefully. Anyways, the key job roles expected from a web developer are listed below.
- Developing websites, writing programming codes, testing those codes and identifying bugs.
- Coordinating with the UI developer to develop the frontend of the website.
- Uploading the websites, finding good host services, and getting the domain registered with search engines.
- Look after the maintenance of the website.
Q7. What is the difference between Cookies and Local Storage?
A7. The key differences between cookies and local storage are given below.
- Cookies refer to the set of data which is accessible at both the client’s side and also on the server. Whereas, the local storage is accessible only at the client’s side. Servers cannot even send a request for the local storage.
- Another difference is that cookies are automatically deleted after a certain period, whereas local storage has no expiration date and needs to be removed manually.
- Alert: This is simply an alert pop up box which displays a warning message generally. Otherwise, it can also be a guiding message while surfing through a website. There is only 1 OK button in this.
- Confirm: Confirm popup box has both OK as well as Cancel options. This is used when a confirmation is needed from the user regarding the next course of action.
- Prompt: Prompt has no specific button like OK and cancel. It purely depends upon the action which is being performed by the user on the website.
Q9. What is the difference between “==” and “===”?
A9. Many students get confused in this question as they study majorly the 2 types of equivalence operators, “=” and “==”. The difference between these 2 is that “==” checks if the value is the same. The “===” operator checks for the value as well as the type.
For example, if var a=”131” and var b=131, then a==b is true but a===b is false.
Q10. Have you gone through our website? If yes, then what did you like and what not?
A10. This question acts as an on-the-spot case study for candidates. Highlighting both pros and cons of the recruiters website can be really helpful in clearing the interview. However, do understand that you are not required to simply point out mistakes. The company has worked hard on the website and will listen to only genuine feedback.
Practice these questions and some more, and we are sure you will be able to clear the interview. All the best !!!
What can I do with masters in Luxury Brand Management?
Luxury Brand Management – In India, the luxury landscape is on an impressive growth spree. Following is the Industry scope:…
Watch And Download D-Day 2013 Hindi Movie
D-Day Hindi Movie D-Day Hindi movie action thriller film co-produced by DAR Motion Pictures and Emmay Entertainment. The film directed…